Supply Versus Demand For Pharmacist Jobs | Alex Barker, PharmD | RxEconsult
Menus

All Health Articles

Changes In Supply And Demand For Pharmacist Jobs Category: Pharmacy by - May 29, 2016 | Views: 25439 | Likes: 1 | Comment: 0  

Pharmacist jobs

Pharmacy Job Market Trends In 2016

Anyone who has worked in the pharmacy industry for a few years knows that, for better or worse, the industry is constantly changing. Unfortunately, the pharmacy job market isn’t changing for the better. 

According to the Pharmacy Workforce Center’s 2014 survey, the most recent survey for which data is available, only 75 percent of licensed pharmacists are working full- or part-time in pharmacy. That means that the other 25 percent of licensed pharmacists are either working in another industry, retired or unemployed. 
 

Find Pharmacy Jobs At The Healthcare Career Center
 

In 2014, the Pharmacy Workforce Center sent surveys to 5,073 licensed pharmacists across the U.S.; 2,446 pharmacists responded to the surveys. Of the actively practicing pharmacists who responded, 40 percent reported a decrease in job security. More than 60 percent of survey respondents reported that their ability to change employers has decreased, and about 65 percent stated that ability of pharmacists to find work in their community has decreased. 

The uptick in the number of recent pharmacy graduates, combined with the US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report stating that the pharmacy industry is expected to grow at a slower-than-average rate of 3 percent, adding just 9,100 jobs from 2014-2024, makes for not-so-good news.

Next: Changing jobs, Workforce Changes

Find Pharmacy Jobs At The Healthcare Career Center

 


For More Healthcare Insights Join Us On Twitter
and Facebook. Join The Community To Publish Articles.

Copyright 2019 RxEconsult. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Sitemap